Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bakerella




I stumbled across this web site bakerella.com a couple weeks ago and got so excited to try out some of her ideas she is so creative and she also takes great photos of her pops. I wish I could come up with the great ideas that she does. I am a decent cook/baker I’m just not a decorator. I decided to try out these Easter egg cake pops. They took me a really long time and they were very frustrating to decorate but I think that was all my fault. I’m impatient so I tried to take short cuts and that’s a big NO lol.

Bakerella uses box cake and pre made frosting. I used box cake this time to save me a trip to the store, but next time I will make it from scratch I think home made always taste better. I used a white cake mix and made it as directed on the box but to add some flare I puréed some strawberries and added them to the batter. I made a cream cheese frosting to go with it. One stick butter, one 8oz container of cream cheese, 3 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla extract.

In addition to the cake and frosting you will need

Candy melts (what ever colors you want)

Sprinkles

Light corn syrup

Paper lollipop sticks

Styrofoam block

















Bake the cake as directed

After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl (I used my food processor)

Mix in frosting to taste. I used all of the frosting that I made but next time I will use less it was to sweet for me.

Shape the cake balls into an egg shape put the pop stick in at this point and place int

o the freezer for about 30 min or until firm

Dip in candy coating color of your choice.

Let sit in the

Styrofoam block until dry.

When the eggs are dry brush on corn syrup in desired location to make stripes ect. And cover with the sprinkles.


No comments:

Post a Comment