Friday, April 22, 2011

Caramel-Brownie cheesecake

What do you get the guy who has everything? A new type of cheesecake every month :) well that was the idea behind my Moms birthday present a couple years ago for Kyle. It never paned out, lets face it when you have kids and work you are lucky to even get dinner on the table let alone make a cheesecake so she gave me her awesome Cheesecake cookbook and recently I made this amazing Caramel-Brownie Cheesecake. It was really easy. It calls for boxed Brownies (I used Ghiradelli mix) and caramel candies. You could make homemade Brownies and Caramel if you wanted and I’m sure it would be even better but I have not had a lot of success with caramel so I stuck with the pre made candies. It was a big hit with Kyle and our friends.

1 3/4 cup vanilla Wafer Crumbs
1/3-cup butter melted
1 (14oz) package caramel candies
1(5oz) can evaporated milk
2 1/2 cups coarsely crumbled brownies
3 (8oz) packages cream cheese
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar *
3 large eggs
1 (8oz) container sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Garnish with Whipped Cream

Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. I leave my stuff out over night.

-Prepare brownies according to package. Allow cooling completely.
-Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and butter; firmly press into bottom and 2 inches up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch spring form pan. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes. Cook on a wire rack,
-Combine caramels and evaporated milk in a small heavy saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring often, until caramels melt. Pour caramel mixture over crust. Sprinkle crumbled brownies over caramel.
-Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until fluffy. Gradually add brown sugar, mixing well. Add eggs one at a time. Beating after each addition just until blended. Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
-Pour batter over brownies in crust. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until almost set. Remove from oven: cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake to release sides of pan, carefully remove pan.

The top of my cake cracked so I covered the top with whipped cream it was so yummy.



*I used Dark brown sugar because that’s all I had and it was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment