Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I finally mastered the chocolate chip cookie



2 sticks of unsalted butter

¾ cup plus 2 tbsp. Brown sugar

¾ cup plus 2 tbsp. white sugar

1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract

2 eggs

2 ¼ cups flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

1 ½ cups chocolate chips


Cream together butter and sugar. I learned that you should cream them together for a good 7-10 minutes it really helps give it a smoother texture and fluffier.


Add the vanilla and the eggs one at a time make sure each egg is incorporated well before adding the next one.


I could be crazy but I think it’s really important to always sift the dry ingredients so sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together then add to your wet ingredients.


DO NOT OVER MIX or you will have chewy cookies not fluffy cookies.


Fold in the chocolate chips. I don’t like a lot of chips so you could add way more then a cup and a half.


I line my cookie sheets with foil (don’t know if it matters)


I use an ice cream scoop (that my wonderful mother gave me) so that my cookies are all the same size that way they cook evenly.


I also only cook 8 cookies at a time so they have room and they don’t crowed together.


I cook them for a total of 10 minutes.


I cook them for 5 minutes then rotate the pan and do it for another 5.


When I say I mastered it I mean I mastered it so that it’s the perfect soft in the middle and crunchy on the out side based on my oven and cookie sheets so it may not be the same for your oven :)

1 comment: